|1. LLC Name Reservation
2. Registered Agent
3. How to Filing Forms
4. Operating Agreement
5. Tax ID Number (EIN)
6. Annual Franchise Tax
7. Licenses and Permits
|Alabama Secretary of State Contact Info:
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
LLC Name Search in Alabama
To form LLC in Alabama, you need to search your desired LLC name and file a Name Reservation. In Alabama State, before forming LLC, you need to reserve the Name.
LLC Name Requirements in Alabama
Following are the requirements for LLC Name in Alabama:
1. The abbreviations “LLC” or “L.L.C.” must be used at the end of your desired name.
2. As LLC is not a Corporation, your desired name can not contain the word “Corporation”, “Incorporated” or the abbreviations (“Corp.”, “Inc.”).
3. Your desired LLC name must be unique. The desired name should be unique from other businesses registered in Alabama.
Search the Name in Alabama
To search for LLC name availability, you need to search in the Alabama Name Database.
Browse to Alabama Business Entity Search page: http://arc-sos.state.al.us/CGI/CORPNAME.MBR/INPUT
Name: In the Name box, Enter your desired LLC name. Leave out the ending “LLC”.
Type: leave it to default selected value to “All Records”.
Place of Formation: leave it to default selected value to “All Records”.
Principal City: leave it blank.
Status: leave it to default value “All Records”.
Click on “Search” button.
If your desired LLC name is not available, then you need to search with different Name.
Once you find a unique LLC name, then you are all set to file for Name Reservation.
LLC Name Reservation in Alabama
When forming an LLC in Alabama, it is required to file a Name Reservation.
The Name Reservation can be filed either by online or filed by mail. Most people prefer to file online.
Name Reservation through online: $28 fee for instant approval.
Name Reservation by mail: $10 fee for 1 week approval (OR) $25 fee for 3 day approval.
To speed up the process, you need to file Online.
To file by mail, you can download the form here:
For Online Name Reservation:
1. Click on the “Name Reservation” Link.
2. Click on the “Non-Subscriber” link at the bottom of the screen.
3. On the Contact Information Page, fill in your contact info and click on the “Continue” button.
4. Under “New Name Reservation” section, enter your desired LLC name with the “LLC” ending, then click “Continue” button.
5. Under “Type of Reservation”, select “Domestic” radio button.
6. Under “Type of Entity”, select “Limited Liability Company (LLC)” radio button. Then click on “Continue” button.
7. Click on “Name Reservation Only” button.
8. Under “Requestor is an”, select “Individual”. Enter your name and address, then click on “Continue”.
9. On the Summary Page, Review all information, select the ‘agree-to-terms’ at the bottom, then click on “Continue”.
10. Enter your Credit / Debit card information and Billing Address and you need to pay the $28 fee.
11. You will directed to a Download Page when you can download your Name Reservation Approval.
12. You will also receive an email with the download link. You will have 15 days time to take print / save your Name Reservation Approval before that link expires.