Georgia Secretary Of State – LLC Search
You can download all types of forms: Application Forms
- Follow the LLC Naming Guidelines:
Entity name must contain the words Limited Liability Company or the L.L.C. or LLC.
LLC Name should not be longer than 80 characters, including spaces.
- Check for LLC Name availability.
- You should nominate a Registered Agent for your LLC in Georgia.
- You need to file the Articles of Organization with the state of Georgia.
The filing fee is $100. You must submit Transmittal 231 Form in Georgia.
5. Create an Operating Agreement when forming a LLC in Georgia, which can be verbal or written agreement.
6. Obtain EIN
The Employer Identification Number (EIN) is used to identify a business entity and it is a social security number for the company.
An EIN is required for filing state and federal taxes and while opening a business checking account.
An EIN can be obtained from IRS in 2 ways:
|LLC Fees in Georgia|
|Articles of Dissolution / Withdrawal||No Fee|
|Application for Reinstatement||$250|
|Certificate of Conversion||$95|